10 Quotes to Inspire Your Addiction Recovery Journey
1. People don't give themselves enough credit for overcoming things and getting better. Like you made it this far. Celebrate your strength.
2. The best thing you could do is MASTER the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, YOU ARE THE FIRE.
3. Learn to say; that's on you.
Your behavior is on you
The way you move is on you
The choices you make are all on you
The way you live it's all on you
Stop absorbing the pain of other people,
recognize what belongs to you andwhat doesn't
4. When your head hits the pillow tonight, remind yourself that you've done a good job. Be patient with yourself, and remember those big things are achieved not all at once, but one day at a time.
5. Be thankful for all the struggles you go through. They make you stronger wiser and humble. Do not let it break you. Let it make you.
6. Sometimes, your mind just isn't right. Your energy just isn't there. At times, you can do the "I'm strong and I'll get through" style. Other times, you need to rest, rehydrate and just say I'll try again later when I am better. Find the right choice for you. Know yourself; know yourself deeply at all times.
7. The scares you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.
8. "I chose sober because I wanted a better life. I stay sober because I got one."
9. The drugs are your band-aid, but tell us about your bullet hole.
10. You did the best you could with the knowledge you had at that moment. It's easier to look back at an event and see a better choice or pathway because we already learned from our experience. Hindsight happens after the lesson, so we can't condemn ourselves for not knowing the lesson before we learned it.